Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Arguing with God


Sometimes, the kids' (my four year old son and his five year old uncle) arguments get really out of hand.  I mean, come on!!!  Surely I didn't act like them when I was young?  Was I so stubborn to never admit my wrongs?  Always blaming my faults on someone else?  Always trying to get the last word in? 

As I sit here and think about how and why the kids argue all the time, I can't help but think that the way they sound to me is probably about the way I sound to God on a daily basis.  I'm always arguing with him.  Always trying to rationalize that my ways are better than his.  That my sins are someone else's fault.  To him, I'm sure I sound just as awful as the kids do when they start bickering with one another.

I guess no matter how old we get, we could all stand to do a 'lil growing up.  I know I sure can.  I need to quit arguing with God so much.  Deep down, I know that his ways are best. 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.~~Jeremiah 29:11. 

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.~~Isaiah 55:9

We would all do better to remind ourselves that God's ways are above what our  minds can comprehend.  Also, the next time the kids start arguing, take a step back, and think about how silly and childish they sound.  Chances are, you and I both sound the same way to God on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment