Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We're Both Living



I haven't posted anything over the past several days.  I don't really have a reason for not posting.  I just haven't felt like it to be quite honest.  It's been a stressful week for me, but nothing worth complaining about.  I know that others in this world have far more stress than I have and for far better reasons. 

My stress in only related to my own poor choices.  I know there are people out there who have sick children in a hospital.  These people have far more better reasons than I do to be stressed out and exhausted.  Yet, sometimes I still feel like giving up, but the good thing is that I don't.  I still press on. 

I try everyday to focus on the good in life.  Life isn't about getting to go to the County Fair.  Not about getting to go for a ride on a bike.  Not about getting to spend every waking moment just as we please.  It's about being with our loved ones.  It's about watching small children finally reach 40 inches in height.  It's about getting to a point in life in which we can be thankful for things even when we are suffering. 

There are so many freedoms that I have lost lately.  I can't do this and I can't do that.  But, what I can do is watch my son grow into a young man.  Watch my younger brother and sister come home from school everyday.  Watch my mother and father show me how to properly fill the role of both mother and father within my own son's life. 

If you have lost something lately, don't forget that there is still much that you do have.  For starters, you have life.  And life is all about living.  That's what you and I are both doing.  We're living.  So life can't be all that bad, right?  Also, just remember...it could be much worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment