Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Choosing not to Rip You a New You-Know-What


I hate it when someone from my past tries (and succeeds) to bring me down by throwing my past in my face.  I mean, come on!!!  It's my past, leave it alone.  My past itself does a good enough job at throwing itself in my face without someone else's help!!

I bet if this certain someone took a few seconds to dwell upon his or her past, he or she would quickly realize that he or she has a regretful past as well.  I'm not saying his or her past is worse than mine, cause many times I find it hard to believe that anyone could have a past worst than mine, but I can assure you that his or her past is not perfect.  We have all made mistakes.  We have all fallen short. 
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

But, the main point is that none of us should be living in our past, and we most definitely should not be throwing someone else's past up in their face.  Part of me wants to tear into someone who throws my past up in my face.  I wanna rip them a new you-know-what.  I wanna find out every little thing I can about this person and use it to bring them down.  BUT, I know that's not right, and that fighting fire with fire will only make a bigger fire. 

So, what do I do?  I turn to God.  I see what he has to say about getting over my past, and I also pray that this degrading person will successfully get through his or her depression and stop bringing me down by throwing my past in my face.

Here is what the bible says about getting over the past:

"But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 3:14

"Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him. - Romans 4:7-8

God isn't the God of the dead, but of the living. -Matthew 22:32

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. -Phil 3:13-14

1 comment:

  1. When satan notice a change in your life, he will use any and everyone he can to keep you from moving on to following Christ. He would like for you to return to the dark side, along with your past. Keep moving forward!!!

    ReplyDelete