Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

I'm Home from Prison


Yesterday morning I awoke in a county jail.  Two mornings before that I awoke in a state Prison.  You have no idea how much God has worked in my life over the past month. 

On January 8, 2013, I was sentenced to five years under the supervision of the Department of Corrections.  The victim of my case, who I have been praying for forgiveness from, showed up at my sentencing and signed an Affidavit stating she wished for me to receive shock probation after 30 days served. 

I was immediately taken into custody after my court hearing that day.  Even on the way to the jail I was praising God that the girl had forgiven me for my terrible crime and that I was only going to have to spend 30 days in jail. 

After 10 days in, I was woke up at five o'clock in the morning and told that I was leaving.  I said, "What?  I am going home?"  The guard said in a smartelic voice, "No honey, you are going to prison."

Never in my life had I been so scared.  But God stayed by my side the entire time I was in prison.  I could see him working on a daily basis.  I will write a more in-depth posting on my stay in prison at another time.

As for now, I am so thankful to be home.  I am so thankful that I have a loving God who never left my side even as I was locked behind bars and barbwire fences.  God didn't stand behind the fences looking in at me yelling at a distance that everything would be ok.  No, He grabbed my hand and went directly in with me into that prison. 

1 comment:

  1. So very, very glad you are home and have experienced the loving care and presence of our Father.

    ReplyDelete