Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Great Christmas


The Christmas holiday season went great.  In fact, I believe it was the best one I have ever had.  I was so thankful that my family and I got to spend it together, especially my fiance and my son and I.  We had went almost three years without getting to spend Christmas together, so it was great to get things back to normal. 

As for me, I'm still nervous about January 8, but I know God is working behind the scene to work out everything in the best manner possible.  Eddie and I have been given a great opportunity to spend bunches of time together this December, so if I have to go away at least I have all the great memories that we created over the past few weeks to take with me. 

God has been so good to me.  This past month alone Lucas made is successfully through surgery, Eddie and I have stayed clean and progressed in our recovery, my family and I have gotten along with one another wonderfully, my sister Grace has not sustained any injuries while playing basketball, and so much more. 

Thank you God for all that you do for me, not because I deserve it, but because you are so gracious to me.  I love you so much!!!  I am hopeless and powerless without you.  You are my everything. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Whitney, no matter what the outcome of January 8th is, God will be there with you. His grace will sustain you. Jesus will sustain you and your child. He really does work all things out for good to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. We just sometimes don't know or like what those purposes are, but He does.

    I heard a pastor's story say this to a lady in his congregation. She was worrying about a huge problem. He said, "don't fret, there are no large or small problems to God." In fact with God there are no problems at all, only His will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Romans 8:28 has been the verse that has gotten me through these past several months.

      I hate the thought of having to go away, but knowing that God will be there every step of the way is so wonderful to know.

      Delete