Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

All I Want for Christmas is a Miracle


Wow!  Is Christmas really almost here?  As a child, I can remember literally counting down the days until I would awake and run downstairs to find what Santa brought me.  One year, I took a nap on Christmas Eve, and once I had awoke, I ran downstairs thinking it was Christmas only to discover that Santa had not come.  I was devastated.  Completely heart broken.  I thought that Santa must have for some reason put my name on the naughty list.  To my relief, my mother found me crying by the Christmas tree and informed me that it was not yet Christmas. 

Anywho, don't really know why I shared that memory, but I always think about it at Christmas time.  For this Christmas, I wish I could get one of those cards that's in the pic above.  GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD.  I am so worried about whether or not I will have to go to jail on January 8, 2013, and then on top of that, if I have to go, I have no idea for how long I will be gone.  All I know is that my maximum sentence is up to five years.  Five years!!!  That's a long time to be away from my family and loved ones. 

What I have to keep reminding myself is that the only reason I may have to go to jail is because of a foolish mistake that I MYSELF made last year.  It's no one else's fault.  One bad choice can bring about serious consequences in one's life.  We would all be wise to take that to heart.  

So, basically, all I want for Christmas this year is a miracle.  I want God to give me a GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card by having my judge grant me probation when I stand in front of him in January; however, I fully understand and accept the fact that being granted probation very well may not happen.  So, if I don't get granted probation, I would like for God to at least work things out so that I can stay in the local county jail instead of being sent to an actual prison.  On top of that and mostly, I pray that he fully prepares my family on emotional, mental, and financial levels to be OK while I am gone. 

The Lord is a God of no limits, so I am confident that he will have my situation worked out just as it should be.  Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

One of the greatest things that I have learned over the past year is that I never again have to be in the situation that I am in right now.   I never have to live the same lifestyle that I used to live because I am now serving a living God who died for my sins and who has redeemed me.  He gives me the power to overcome my past lifestyle.  He has literally set me free.  Even though I may have to go away behind bars, I have still been set free.  Praise be to the One and Only God!! I love you Jesus!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment