Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sad Teardrops


I guess during the Columbine shooting I was too young to take in the true effects of the disaster.  During the horrific tragedy that occured at Virgina Tech in 2007, I guess I was too strung out on illegal substances to care.  Today, I am grieved.  I keep reading articles about the shooting at the elementary school in Connecticut, and I can't stop myself from crying. 

I can only think to myself, "What went through the children's minds?"  I like to believe that out of such a tragedy, God at least let the children die instantly, without pain.  For those children who were sent to the hospital, I also hope they endured no physical or emotional pain.  For some reason, this tragedy is one that will affect me for a long time.  I have deep sympathy for the parents of the children who were killed.  I will praying for them. 

I keep reminding myself, there is a reason behind this, as well as something good that can come from it.  As I have said many times before in my postings, beautiful things can come out of the messiest things in life.  It is hard to see and comprehend right now that God is bringing good things out of this sad situation, but I have faith that he has already prepared beautiful things to blossom from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment