Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

One Year Ago Today


I am so amazed at how my life has changed since this very day last year.  Last year at this time, as Jamie Johnson would say in his song High Cost of Living, "three days straight was no big feat, I could get by on no food or sleep."  I was spiraling down a road that led straight to hell.  The choices I made in no way were beneficial to me, and they most certainly were not drawing me near to God. 

But oh my my, look at what God has done!!  He took me just as I was, sent me through some cleansing waters, and low and behold, he never let me drown.  He washed me and washed me until my mind became clean and I could see the light.  He washed me until I could see him.  And now, my eyes don't come off of him.  I look for him in everything I do, and I always find him.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. -Jeremiah 29:13

This is not to say that I do not fall off the balance beam of living a healthy Christian life.  I often find myself making mistakes; however, I do turn to his guidance and forgiveness in all areas of my life.  I am so blessed by how far he has brought me. 

One year.
In one year I have came so far. 

One year ago today was my fiance's birthday.  Happy Birthday Eddie!  I love you more than words can explain so I won't try.  I'm certain that you know my love for you is as unconditional as a human love can be.

One year.
I can't wait to see what the next year holds.  If God has brought me thus far in only one year, I can only imagine how much farther he will bring me in the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment