Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Troublesome Times and Perseverance



Troublesome times in my life often bring on moments of depression, denial, anger, and guilt.  I wish life were like a computer keyboard, where moments of trouble could simply be cleared away by pressing the delete key, but it is not.  Instead, I have to endure through them.  Persevere through them. 

For me, setbacks in life have come from my constant failure to steer clear of sinful behaviors.  At times, I feel like giving up, but these are the moments in which my perseverance has to be at its best.  I cannot get down on myself for the mistakes I make.  Even the ones I continually make over and over.  I have to remember that failures are accompanied with doors of opportunities.  Opportunities for me to learn from, and some of them are the back door to success.  Ultimate success.

One thing I have learned about myself is that at times I become overconfident.  I persevere through one trial and think that I have this life figured out, and this of course leads me back to my old sinful behaviors.  While it is unfortunate that I at times go back to old behaviors, in doing so I am constantly reminded that I am human.  Reminded that I am going to make mistakes.  There are some sins in this life that I may struggle with until the day I die, but until then, the best thing I can do is continue to endure through them with the help, grace, and mercy of my God. 

Currently, there are two trials that I am having to faithfully persevere through: a legal matter and a relationship matter.  Each trial has its own difficulties, but each is requiring the same type of perseverance from me.  The perseverance is one that includes within itself patience, understanding, acceptance, and more.  I fully understand why I am going through each trial, so the understanding part of perseverance is easy.  The acceptance of the trials is quite simple too because I realize I brought upon myself both of them.  The patience part is what is the hardest.  See, I'm not a real patient person to begin with, and now I am having to patiently wait to see what the outcome of both trials is going to be like.  I know that God is working behind the scenes, in complete control of each trial's outcome, but it is hard being patient while he works. 

Fortunately, I am able to sustain a good attitude through both trials, fully believing that God will work each trial out in the best manner possible.  Hopefully, my legal matter is going to work out in a way in which I will spend a minimal amount of time behind bars, as well as not have a smeared mark on my criminal record.  And the relationship trial...well, I am fully confident that both parties involved have already been provided enough perseverance and strength to continue loving one another until the day they can be together. 

Perseverance is a difficult characteristic to sustain, and I in no way have it mastered, but I am learning, and I hope each of you who are reading this know or learn how important it is to persevere through the trials in your life.  In doing so you will become a better person.  You will become stronger.  Most importantly, the people around you will greatly appreciate your efforts in learning how to turn troublesome times into opportunities of success.  In fact, you very well may be the person who teaches another person how to persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment