Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What Have I Been Reading Lately?


I have been reading the Bible a lot lately. Mostly the new testament. Right now I am going through the most troublesome time in my life, and the only thing that I can find to help reduce my stress is by reading the Bible. Through it, I find inspiration to hang on instead of giving up. The words in the Bible literally energize me.

There are so many people in the Bible that have been through exactly what I am enduring. They made a mistake, paid consequences for it, and picked up what was left of their life and moved on. That is exactly what I am doing. It's comforting to know that I am not alone in my troubles.

If you are going through a troublesome time in your life, pick up what's left of it and while you are at it, pick up the Bible and read it. It'll help you out. I promise. Read Ephesians and other books written by Paul. They have tremendously helped me.

2 comments:

  1. I find it amazing that someone going through troublesome times finds comfort in something born out of infighting, built upon lies and brutally distributed through bloody conquests.

    Instead, why not take responsibility for your past, work on the present and take charge of your future.

    For Pete's sake, half the books attributed to Paul are forgeries and this fact is admitted by renown biblical scholars. If you really want to know more about Christianity today, learn its history. That goes for every religion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, thanks for your opinion. As far as taking responsibility for my past, I am...in ways that you probably cannot comprehend. I firmly believe that every human takes responsiblity for their past whether they want to or not.

      I also firmly believe in every word and book of the Bible. I don't believe any books have been forged, but that is my opinion, and I respect your opinion.

      Furthermore, I am very interested in the history of Christianity, and recently, I have been studying it.

      Lastly, I think the number one thing a person can do in life is quit trying to take charge of his or her future and release it into the hands of God. My God says he will straighten the paths of His followers, and that's what I am looking for...a straight path; however, I have come to a point in which I find joy and tremendous growth opportunities within the bends in the road that I travel.

      Once again, thanks for your opinion, but my opinion is greatly different than yours. Also, thanks a bunch for taking the time to read my posting. I hope you read other ones of mine.

      Delete