Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Looking in the Wrong Direction


In the picture above, neither my son nor I are looking towards the camera.  I often find in my life that I am not looking in the right direction.  While the picture did turn out quite nicely I think, most of the time in life, when we don't look in the right direction, this only leads us to disaster. 

I have looked in every direction there is.  North. South. East. West. Men. Drugs. Money...ect., and every one of these directions eventually led to me holding my head down.  I always ended up holding my head down because I was overcome with shame and guilt.

There is only one direction we need to look towards.  And that is towards God.  Thankfully, he is all around us, so no matter what path we find ourselves traveling down, we can still find him.  We can look whatever way we want, and he will always be there. 

A life full of mistakes will readily keep a person looking down.  At least it has for me.  I am so thankful for God's forgiveness.  No matter how we hurt others or ourselves, by looking towards him, he will wipe away years of guilt, shame, and tears.  He will at times gently help us hold our head back up high.  And in some circumstances, like the one I went through not too long ago, he goes beyond being gentle and in a positive yet aggressive manner turns our heads and eyes towards him. 

We should all take the time to evaluate how God holds our lives together.  How he takes our mistakes and turns them into doorways leading to success for those of us that love him.  Failures are our greatest moments in life in which we can learn something; this is something that should never be forgotten.  We should rejoice while swimming through darkness, because if we have our eyes spiritually tuned, we will always see the light.  And everyone knows light shines the brightest in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment