Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

This Past Week Was Good


This past week was really good.  Mom and dad and the siblings went to Walt Disney World.  They had an awesome time, but they did mention that it was much hotter this time than it has been in the years past.  I would have went and took my lil one but my legal troubles forbid me from being out past 6pm; however, the good 'ole Honeyfest was going on in the nearby town of Clarkson.  We took Lucas, and he had a blast.  He played a fishing game, and after winning he was told he could pick out any prize he wanted...he ended up choosing one of the toy guns.  Lol, I wanted him to pick out one of the large stuffed animals, but he wasn't gonna let that happen.  It was too bad mom and dad couldn't be here to watch him ride rides, but they did get to watch him at the county fair this year. 

All in all, it was a really great week.  The family flew back in today, and so now the home front is back to being loud and hectic, but that's the way I prefer it.  One of the best things that has come about out of my legal troubles is that it has caused me to slow down and savor the good things in life...like being around and with my family.  God has blessed me tremendously with a loving family, and for that I am forever grateful.

I feel like the past couple of weeks have been a really mellow point in my life.  There hasn't been any drama, nor any high points.  It's been kind of peaceful.  God is really teaching me patience as well as thankfulness.  Just a couple of months ago my legal troubles constantly kept me on edge.  Kept me awake at nights.  Now, through God's grace and help, I am learning to release every struggle, anxious thought, and concern of mine into His hands.  I can't control how my legal troubles will be resolved.  Only He can.  Now that I'm learning He is control, it is allowing me to let go of my battles and enjoy life.  I am slowly learning that my battles are not mine...they are His. 

Not only have I released my legal matters into His hands, but many of my other concerns as well; these include financial issues, relationship matters, and much more.  The more I let go of them, the more He shows me that I am on the right track and that He is in control and taking care of everything. 

Thank you God for constantly showing me you are in control. 
Thank you family for being the best family I could ever have.
Thank you Eddie for loving me.
Thank you Lucas for being such a wonderful son.
Thanks to each of you who take your time to read my postings...God bless you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very good week... I hope and pray that there will be many more to come for you.

    ReplyDelete