Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mr. Green Lifted My Spirit


Mr. Green, a man that I do not know personally, lifted my spirits today.  He took time out of his day to read one of my postings.  He also let me know that I was in his thoughts and prayers.  I think people often take for granted the power of prayer.  Many times in my life, I have also taken for granted the power of prayer. 

Prayer has the ability to change things.  Through prayer, God hears our requests and concerns.  He takes his time to listen to our thoughts.  He does not forsake us.  God enjoys the fact that some of us think so highly of him to bring the details of our life to him.

 I think more highly of God than I do of anything or anyone in this life, but I did not always live my life in such a manner that people would have thought I viewed him so highly.  In fact, at one time, I ignored God.  But, because he loves me, he has chosen to construct my life's journey in a way that I can no longer ignore how mighty he is.  I have been brought to a point in life in which I can clearly see that he holds the world and everything in it together.  I am powerless without him, but through him, I have much power that cannot be explained by words.

There is a certain situation in my life that constantly tries to pull my attention away from God's mighty power in my life.  This situation is in fact the one that involves my legal troubles.  See, for some time now I have been waiting to see if I have to go to prison or not.  I have no idea how this circumstance is going to be resolved.  I may have to go away for weeks, months, years, or possibly, through a miracle given to me by God, maybe not at all. 

This situation constantly brings worry into my life as well as anxious thoughts.  A million times a day, I have pray and redirect my thoughts back towards God and say, "I trust you Jesus."  He parted the Red Sea.  He healed many a sick people.  He arose from the grave.  Trusting in him gives me much comfort that my situation can be resolved in a fair and just manner. 

There are no situations in life that are too hard for him to handle.  No sins that he cannot forgive.  Trusting in him is very liberating, and it is also an act and step of faith that I have to make a million times a day. 

Thank you God for getting me to a point in life in which I see that you are the One in control. 
Thank you Mr. Green for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.  Thank you for the uplift.

No comments:

Post a Comment