Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Thank God for Country Music

As I was driving to town today, I noticed that there are so many things about my life that have changed over the past year.  For one, I no longer listen to rap music.  At one time, Drake was one of my favorite singers, and I still adore his music, but I can't listen to it anymore.  Hearing his songs do something to me.  They bring back too many memories...memories that are not good.  In some ways, his music makes me wish I had my old lifestyle back, and anyone that knows me knows that my old lifestyle is not something that I need to go back to. 

I have done so much, through the grace of God, to get to where I am today.  I don't want something, such as a song, leading me back to the old ways that I used to live.  So, what do I do to overcome this little problem...turn on the radio to some good old country music.  Ah, country music.  That's where it's at.  I love country!!!  It is by far my favorite type of music.  It soothes me, makes me want to become a better person, and in no way does it make me want to go back to the way I used to live. 

Sometimes, when I hear certain country songs, I swear that they were wrote about Eddie and me.  Everything about our relationship is country.  From our sweet and bitter tears to our ever-comforting moments of laughter, in one way or another, I feel them and hear them when I listen to country music. 

Even though there are many things in my life that I have had to leave behind in my past, because that is where they belong, I don't have to leave behind music.  I will always have country music.  Thank God for country music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment