Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Can't Afford to Become More Stupid


Today wasn't all that stressful for me.  I didn't have very high levels of anxiety, nor did I feel as if I was going to have a heart attack.  Yesterday I was certain that I needed to see a doctor and get put on valium or xanax, but today was different.  Today I have reminded myself that getting put on some type of drug is only going to make me escape reality, and now more than ever I need to face reality head on. 

Do you ever feel like giving up?  Do you ever feel like there is one decision in your life that you didn't make right and that it is going to make you lose everything good in your life?  I do.  I get so consumed with thinking about the past that I forget there are good things to be learned from my mistake and that everything good is not going to disappear.  Sure, I made a stupid mistake.  Sure, I am going to have to pay consequences (and trust me, I already am), but I can still learn from the mistake.  That is the main thing I must do.  Learn, pray, and hope for the best. 

Through learning, I can keep myself from making the same mistake twice.  Through prayer, I can change the outcome of my situation.  Through hope, I can rest assured knowing that my desired future will be here before I know it and that no one can take it away from me.

If you have recently made some stupid mistake, just know you aren't alone.  I'm right there with you. And don't sit around and soak in the stupidity of your mistake.  If you are anything like me, you can't afford to become any more stupid than you already are. 



No comments:

Post a Comment