Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Things to Do on House Arrest

 
Even though I am not legally on house arrest, since I am out-n-about on a $10,000 bond, thanks to the signature of my parents, they have instilled the house arrest rules on their own.  I do not really blame them though.  I mean if I go out and mess up, then they lose $10,000, and none of us want that to happen. 

Any of you that have ever been on house arrest knows that it SUCKS!  Do not get me wrong, it is much better than sitting in jail (I've done that too), but being confined to one's home while the rest of the world is taking part in other activities can really get to a person's mind.  Well, at least to my mind it does. 

So, what is a person to do while on house arrest?  I researched this topic, and to my amusement, I found mostly a bunch of stupid answers.  Some people responded, "get high", "churn butter", "drink beer".  Um, no thanks.  For most of us, getting high and drinking is probably what led us to committing our crimes from the beginning.  Now, the whole churning butter thing, I might would give that a try (if I got bored enough;). 

Ok, so now on to some helpful responses.  Some people suggested watching Netflix.  I think this idea is wonderful.  I have recently started watching Netflix, and I love the wonderful selection of shows and movies it has.  Sons of Anarchy is my favorite show so far.  Within two days I watched two seasons of the show and fell in love with it.

Exercising is of course a wonderful idea, if you can turn it into something more than an idea.  Everyday I keep telling myself I am gonna exercise, but it has not happened yet.  I guess I haven't got bored enough yet. 

I am a paid freelance writer, so being on house arrest has not affected my employment.  If you are looking for some ways to make some money while confined to your home, and if you have any writing skills whatsoever, give writing a try.  An excellent company to be employed through is Textbroker.  They accept all types of writers and have a multitude of subjects to write about. 

Lastly, if you are a believer in God, try getting to know him a little better.  My relationship with him has grown extensively since I have gotten into legal trouble.  Some of God's greatest works come from those people who are bed-ridden, as well as those people who enter into the criminal justice system.  Through our weaknesses, he makes us strong.  For me, the best way to strengthen my relationship with God is by reading his word...the Bible.  Every troublesome time within our life, like being on house arrest, holds a great lesson within it that we are supposed to learn.  Try learning your lesson.  Ask God to show it to you. 

To all the readers of this posting, if you have never been on house arrest, I hope you never have to.  For those of you who have or are, best of luck in filling your time.  I think the number one thing to do is not waste time being jealous of those people out there in the world who are carrying on with their normal lives.  For me, not being jealous is hard.  I so bad want to be out there doing what normal people do.  But, I'm getting better.  Just remember, you aren't alone.  Thousands of us are on house arrest.  And chances are, almost all of us are doing the exact same thing...surfing the Internet.

1 comment: