Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Who's Sittng to the Left of You


To left of me sits my mother.  She has a new digital camera around her neck and she is reading a book trying to figure it out.  The thoughts flowing in and out of her mind are so different from mine.  In front of me is a play set, with two children playing on it.  One of them is my mother's, and the other little one is mine.  The thoughts zooming in and out of their minds are much different than those of mine. 

My mind is overflowing with constant thoughts about tomorrow.  And the next day after.  At times, I can get my mind to slow down long enough to focus merely on today.  During these moments, I constantly thank God for the blessings he has bestowed upon me.  But during the other moments, I stay concerned with whether or not the judicial system here in this little town of mine is going to incarcerate me. 

Isn't it odd how four people, my mother, our two children, and myself, can be so close to one another, yet our thought processes are so different.  One of us is trying to figure out how to work a camera.  One of the children is playing with cars.  The other child is setting on the play set, taking in the scenery.  And here I am, trying not to melt away in self-pity and depression.  Yet, here each of us are.  Breathing.  Living. 

Everybody in life faces different circumstances.  Each of us has our ups.  Each of us has our downs.  We have no idea what the lives of those around us are like.  We have no idea what the person setting next to us may be going through or what they are thinking.  Maybe my mother is just pretending to read her book.  Maybe she is just as worrisome about my legal outcome as I am.  Who knows?  Only God. 

Anywho, I'm not even real for sure what the meaning of this posting is.  I just found it odd that as I sit here, with other humans around me, that each of us is on an entirely different page when it comes to life.  Yet, here we all are.  Living and breathing.  Taking in the same scenery.  Taking in the same moments of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment