Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What I'm Not


Through this life, I have learned that there are many things that I am not.  I am not someone who likes being alone...I always like to have company around, whether they are good for me or not.  I am not someone who likes to give up on things...I am very forgiving.  I am not someone who can control herself when it comes to certain habits...at one time I suffered from a severe drug addiction.  I am not someone who is pleased with having just one of something...I always want more. 

This road that I have traveled in order to discover what I am not has been very rough, but through it I have learned who I am.  I have discovered that I am a child of God. 

Being a child of God is the very reason as to why I do not enjoy being alone...he desires for me to always seek his presence. 

Realizing who my Father is also helps me understand why I do not like to give up on things...he is the King of Forgiveness and wants me to forgive others as well. 

As far as my drug addiction goes, this was just a way for God to prove to me that no matter how deep in the darkness I may find myself, he is still there to pull me out, and that HE alone has the power to help me overcome it. 

Lastly, as far as not being pleased with only one of something and always wanting more...well, that is exactly how a child of God is.  We always want more, and this is a good thing when our eyes are focused on God, as he will continually provide us with more of his love, faith, grace, and mercy. 

If someone ever asks you, "Who are you?", and you find yourself not knowing how to answer the question, simply think of what you are not; this very well may help you discover exactly what and who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment