Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dealing with Worry


When I think about the future, I often become overwhelmed with anxiety and fear.  I constantly have to remind myself that no matter how the future pans out, God is going to be there with me every step of the way.  More importantly, He is here with me at this very moment.  The mountains that I foresee looming ahead of me may not even be there.  Many of them are probably just figments of my imagination.  And for the ones that really are there, He is going to help me climb them.  Some of them, He may even destroy so that I don't have to climb them at all. 

There are some very encouraging scriptures (that I found at Bible Cafe for Women) that apply to worrying, and I thought it would be helpful to you and myself both to share them.  I have come to discover that reading these scriptures over and over, and truly believing them, is the best way to overcome worry.

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 NIV

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  Phil 4:13 NIV

But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. Luke 21:14 NIV

Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31 NIV

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings Psalm 17:8 NIV

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22 NIV

I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken..  Psalm16:8 NIV

Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  Psalm 62:6 NIV

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matt 6:25-27 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment