Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Hate Havin' Cravings


I hate it when I have cravings for bad, old habits.  There is no way in this world that I want or desire to go back to the way that I used to live, but some days, like today, my twisted mind tries to persuade me into thinking that my former way of living was not all that bad.  Trust me, it was. 

It was like being locked up in a prison of one's own mind.  Every move that I made somehow revolved around me getting what I wanted which tended to be something not-so-good-for-me.  By the the time I realized I was running down a road leading straight to hell, the ability to break free from my patterns of destruction was almost impossible, however, through God's grace, I quickly learned anything is possible.

There were so many days in my past that I would cry out wanting to change my ways, but my habits and addictions had a tight grip on me.  I am so happy that I was able to break free from such a self-inflicted, painful past. 

Anyways, today has been one of those days when the cravings hit me hard.  I thought I would write about it so that all of you out there who struggle with recovering from old habits and addictions can find hope in the fact that it is possible to stay clean.  I'm doing it.  And I was about as far gone as they come.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up what you want for what you want today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true!!! I always love your words of advice!!!

      Delete